How to fill Online Application Form
- Please go through detailed guidelines indicated in the advertisement of the CEN and also meticulously follow instructions given in Online registration portal for filling the forms
- The details given here are broad & general guidelines, indicative in nature
- Incomplete applications will lead to rejection of applications.
- Candidates are required to apply ONLINE to any one RRB only depending upon their eligibility.
- Application to more than one RRB for the same group will lead to rejection of all the applications
No physical copy of the application is required to be sent to RRBs.
Pre-requisites for Applying Online:
- Candidates should have a valid email ID and a Mobile Number which should be kept active till the declaration of results. It will help them in getting call letter advices etc. by e-mail
- Scanned copy of recent passport size colour photograph.
Application is not complete unless the application is submitted, proper requisite photograph is uploaded and fees (where applicable) are paid by candidates. Acknowledgment is purely provisional subject to scrutiny.
- Candidates can click on 'NEW REGISTRATION' to apply fresh to any one of the RRBs.
- Select RRB for which the candidate wishes to submit the application and click on the 'APPLY NOW' button.
- The stages in registration are as follows:
- In the Preliminary Registration page, select the qualification the candidates possess from the drop-down list available. Only those Educational Qualifications, which are relevant to the RRB for which the candidate is applying will be displayed in this list.
- Fill in the other details like Name, Father's name, Date of birth, Community, Email Id, Mobile number and other details. The details should match that of 10th class certificate/marks sheet.
- The next stage is the activation, where the email id and the mobile number of the candidate is validated and the Registration Number is generated. Candidates will not be able to proceed to the next stage if they have not given valid email id and mobile number. On submission of details as in point 5, an email will be received in the registered email ID with a link for activation. on clicking the link , it will lead to a page where the OTP(one time password) sent to the registered mobile number has to be input. This will generate the registration number.
- The candidates can proceed to the Second Stage of registration next through the 'Candidate Login' menu from the home page of the registration portal and login with their Registration ID and Date of birth. In this stage, the list of posts (in the selected RRB) which a candidate is eligible is displayed. The candidates have to set their preferences for the various posts that they are eligible for, in the RRB they are applying to. They also have to fill in their Educational Qualification details, experience details (if any) and address for communication.
- Next the candidates proceed to the Third Stage of Registration where they can pay the application fee (where applicable) through one of the following modes.
- Credit/Debit Cards, Netbanking of banks other than SBI (Transaction charges extra) Candidates can pay through Credit/Debit cards and netbanking of various banks. Transaction charges are applicable extra.
- SBI Debit card / Internet banking ( No transaction charges) Using this mode, candidates who possess SBI Debit Card / Internet banking facility with SBI can pay the application fee. No additional charges are levied. The candidates must again login through the Candidate Login menu and enter the Receipt Number and deposit date.
- SBI Bank Challan (No transaction charges) Candidates can download the Bank Challan prefilled with their specific details and make the payment in any branch of SBI and associated banks. After making the payment, the candidates must again login through the Candidate Login menu and enter the Journal number and deposit date.
- Post Office Challan (Transaction/Processing charges extra) Candidates can download the Postal Challan prefilled with their specific details and make the payment in any Computerised post office across the country. Processing fees are applicable extra.
- In the fourth stage of registration, candidates have to upload their scanned copy of the passport size colour photograph. Candidates may note that if the photo is improper the candidature will be rejected (Refer to instructions for uploading) After the final submission, candidates can print out their application for reference. The application printout need NOT be sent to the RRB. SC/ST candidates, who wish to avail free travel authority, have to upload the scanned copy of their caste certificate. The scanned file should be of JPEG format and file size should be between 50 Kb and 100 Kb.
- Editing of Applications Kindly ensure that the application is filled in correctly, the first time itself. However Candidates can edit the application they have submitted by choosing the 'Modify Application' button on the registration portal. A fee of Rs.100/- is applicable even to candidates belonging to exempted categories(i.e., SC/ST/PWD/Ex-SM/Woman/Minority/Economically backward class candidates)has to be paid (no exceptions) to edit an application already registered Candidates must first make the payment before they can edit an application.
The two options available in Edit more are
- Modify Application in the same RRB,Candidates can make any changes to their application within the RRB to which they have applied.
- Modify Application and apply to different RRB: Candidates who have applied to one RRB can opt to apply to a different RRB altogether. After making payment for Edit, the candidates can choose the RRB to which they want to re-apply. The application they have already made will be cancelled and a new Registration ID for the new RRB will be generated. Candidates can choose the RRB and login again with the new Registration number and complete the registration.
On-Line Application validation rules are designed based on the Advertisement requirement. Candidates are advised to read the advertisement carefully and refer "How to Apply" pages on the main page. Application submitted through On-Line form does not imply that candidate has fulfilled all the criteria given in the advertisement and Application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected if found to be ineligible at any point of time.