Here are certain tips for the prospective candidates in the form Dos and Don’ts, which may help them to avoid committing certain common mistakes, often leading to the cancellation of their candidature.
- Read the Employment Notice and the instructions contained therein carefully.
- Check, whether if you satisfy all the requirements of qualification, age, caste, vision etc., as required for the post in question.
- Please ensure that the application form exactly matches the proforma given in the Employment Notice. Use only a good quality paper of A-4 size for the application.
- Fill up each column of the application form neatly, clearly and legibly, as per the given instructions.
- Check, whether the self attested copies of all the relevant certificates/documents have been attached with the form.
- Fill up the application form only in your own handwriting.
- Submit only one application for one post, as required in the Employment Notice.
- Do not forget to enclose the POSTAL ORDER/DEMAND DRAFT of the requisite amount, where applicable.
- Check, whether you have addressed your application- to the correct RRB.
- Check, whether your debarred period has expired on the crucial date, if you have been debar from by any RRB from appearing in the RRB exams.
- Check whether your application form is complete in all respects so that it is not summarily rejected by the RRB.
- Visit our website www.rrbcdg.org to know the status of your application and your eligibility.
- Reach the venue of the examination in time with the call letter issued by this RRB.
- Read the instructions printed on the call letter and ensure the compliance thereof.
- Paste only a recent passport size photograph on the upper portion of call letter which should match the one pasted on your application form.
- The candidate should send the application duly filled in, along with required documents by ORDINARY POST ONLY. Forms sent through speed post /courier/registered post (with or without AD) will not be acknowledged.
- Do not submit more than one application for the same post.
- Never misuse the free travelling authority issued with the call letter.
- Do not attempt impersonation in the examination, as it will not only lead to the cancellation of your candidature, but also debarring you for life time from appearing in all the RRBs examinations.
- Do not carry the prohibited articles, such as, Mobile phone, calculator and books etc in the examination center.
- Do not hazard with guess while answering the questions as there will be negative marking for each wrong answer.
- Do not give more than one answer to a question, as that will be treated as a wrong answer.
- Do not ticks mark the answers in the question booklet.
- Do not attempt away any unfair means in the examination.
- Do not take along the original/duplicate answer sheet or the question book as that will entail a criminal action against you, apart from cancellation of your candidature.
- Do not leave the examination hall till you are permitted to do so.
How to Apply
Besides this Website, the Employment Notices of RRBs are published in the Employment News and a few National and Local Newspapers. Before applying for a particulars post, the candidates must go through the contents of the Employment Notice carefully so that they can ascertain their eligibility for the post in question and fill up the application form in a flawless manner.
- General Instructions
- Important Instructions on Call Letters
- Before applying for any post, the candidates should ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility norms.
- The candidate should have the requisite Educational/ Technical qualifications from recognized University/Institute as on the closing date of submission of the application. Those awaiting results of the final examination need not apply. RRB may reject the applications of candidates at any stage of recruitment process in case the candidate is not fulfilling the requisite criteria, and if appointed, such candidates are liable to be removed from service summarily.
- The candidates who have been debarred for life from all RRB examinations or the candidates, who have been debarred for a specified period which is not yet completed, need not apply in response to this Employment Notice. Their candidature will be rejected during any stage of recruitment as and when detected.
- Serving Defense Personnel likely to be released within one year of the closing date can also apply against Ex-Servicemen vacancies.
- Vacancies of Ex-Servicemen and persons with disability are not separate but included in the total number of vacancies.
- Dates of all examinations and results are published in Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar and local dailies. These are also given in the website of the Railway Recruitment Board. Call letters for written examinations are sent to candidates by post (Under Certificate of Posting).
- RRB does not intimate candidates who are not selected in written examination or any other test.
- Selection by RRB does not confer upon candidates any right of appointment in Railway. The function of the RRB is to recommend names of suitable candidates to the Chief Personnel Officer of the concerned Zonal Railway / Production Unit who in turn issues the offer of appointment letter, subject to the availability of vacancies and candidates being found medically fit and satisfying all eligibility criteria.
- Selected candidates will have to undergo training wherever training is prescribed for the post.
- Emoluments on initial appointment will be minimum pay of the grade plus other allowances admissible at that time. During training period only stipend will be paid as applicable. Candidate may have to give security deposit and execute indemnity bond wherever necessary.
- While all candidates irrespective of community may be considered against UR vacancies, however against the vacancies earmarked for specific community (SC/ST/OBC), only candidates belonging to that community/ group will be considered. For this purpose, SC/ST/OBC candidates should furnish Caste Certificate from competent authorities as per the formats given in the Annexure attached to the Employment Notices. Further, in case of OBC candidates, the certificates should specially indicate that the candidate does not belong to the Persons/Sections (Creamy Layer) mentioned in Col.3 of the Schedule of the Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training O.M. No.3601 2/22/9-Estt. (SCT) dated 08.09.93 & its subsequent revision through O.M.No.36033/3/2004-Estt. (Res.) dated 09.03.2004. OBC certificates should be current as on the date of closure of the employment notices.
o The OBC candidate should enclose self declaration of non-creamy layer status in the proforma as given in Annexure attached to the Employment Notices. The candidates who indicate their community as SC or ST or OBC in their application form but do not enclose the caste certificate in the prescribed format will not be considered as eligible to appear for the examination.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC who fulfill required educational qualification/technical qualifications can also apply against UR vacancies. They will, however, have to compete with the UR candidates. No age relaxation will be allowed to such SC/ST/OBC candidates applying against UR vacancies.
- Free Second Class Railway Pass as and when admissible will be issued to the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities when they are called for written examination or Aptitude Test/Skill test/ document verification provided they submit valid caste certificate.
- Selected male candidates who are finally appointed are liable for active service in Railway Engineer’s Unit of Territorial Army.
- Female candidates are also eligible. However, it may be noted that some categories involve duties which are arduous in nature and call for working in shifts at odd hours, at road side stations also away from headquarters.
Important Instructions To Candidates provided on the back side of Call Letter
- Dear candidate, we thank you for responding to our advertisement for recruitment in the Indian Railways.
- The candidate should report at the centre of examination well in advance of reporting time. Reporting time and examination time are indicated in the call letter. The candidates reporting after indicated reporting time shall not be normally permitted for the examination.
- Your admission to examination will be subject to your producing this call letter before the officials-in-charge of the examination centre.
- Please paste a photograph in the prescribed portion of the call letter. Candidate with call letters without the photograph pasted will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- Your candidature for this post is provisional and subject to your fulfilling the prescribed age, educational qualifications and other conditions as specified in our advertisement and will be verified during document verification.
- The candidates must fill up and darken the correct circles for their roll no., question booklet no. etc in answer sheet correctly. Wrong filling of roll no., question booklet no. and name etc will lead to disqualification. PLEASE WRITE CORRECT QUESTION BOOKLET NUMBER AT THE SPACE PROVIDED ON THE ANSWER SHEET (OMR) & CORRECT QUESTION BOOKLET & ANSWER SHEET NUMBER AT THE SPACE PROVIDED ON THE ATTENDANCE SHEET.
- No request for change in date of examination and centre will be entertained.
- This call letter should be carefully retained by the candidates. Those candidates who are called for interview/verification of credentials/skill test will be required to produce this call letter also, failing which they will be disqualified.
- For SC/ST only : On production of this admit card you are entitled to travel by Rail in Second Class from your nearest Railway Station (mentioned on the reverse) to the place of written examination and back till the mentioned date. You should produce original caste certificate at the time of reservation/traveling.
- Any form of canvassing will disqualify the candidate. The candidate found to be indulging in any malpractice or any unfair means in the examination shall be disqualified and debarred from all RRBs.
- The candidate is not allowed to leave the examination hall before expiry of the time and without handing over the answer sheets in duplicate to the invigilator concerned.
- Do not bring any books, notes, mobile phone, pager, calculators or any electronic gadget etc. in the examination hall. Possession of any such gadget will result in disqualification. Mobile Phone will be ceased if found in the examination hall.
- There shall be negative marking for wrong Answer at the rate of one third of allotted marks for each Question.
- The attendance slip is given at the bottom of Call letter. This should be filled in examination centre only and signed in presence of invigilator. This attendance slip should be detached & handed over to the invigilator before leaving the examination hall. You will be considered absent if you do not handover the attendance slip to invigilator.
- The Candidates are advised to put their signature at the time of examination exactly in the same way as signed in the Application form. Any variation in signature at any stage of recruitment will render his candidature liable for cancellation. Candidates should copy a paragraph in their own running hand writing in English & Hindi in the Answer Booklet and also give their thumb impressions in the attendance and OMR sheet. Candidates not copy the paragraph or not giving clear thumb impression or signature will be disqualified.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that his/her left thumb impression on attendance sheet & OMR is clear and complete. Smudged/Unclear thumb impression will lead to disqualification of candidate.
- Candidates must check their call letter thoroughly in regard to Name, Photograph, caste, category, free travel authority (for SC/ST only) etc. Any discrepancy should be get rectified from RRB at least within two days prior to the date of examination.